The OBSID committees provide direction for the day to day work and projects undertaken by OBSID. All committees are chaired by a Director and are made up of
one or more Directors, the COO, the OM, FO (as needed) and volunteers who live locally.
Anyone who wants to contribute their skills, knowledge, work experience or interest is welcome to join one of more committees. The time involved depends on anyone’s specific contribution. Most committees meet monthly on a regular day and time and the minutes are circulated to all members, so that everyone is kept up to date.
Committees prepare detailed proposals and budgets for work that needs to be undertaken and/or specific projects for consideration by the Management Committee and/or the Board of Directors as per the Limits of Authority set yearly by the Board of Directors.
The committee work is overseen by the Management Committee which reports to the Board of Directors, which reports to the members of OBSID at the Annual General Meeting.
As at May 2015 OBSID has the following committees:
- PUBLIC SAFETY COMMITTEE, Chair: (Graham Porter), 3rd Thursday 16.00-17.00
- ENVIRONMENT COMMITTEE, Chair: Gareth Layman, 1st Friday 11.30-12.30
- COMMUNICATIONS COMMITTEE, Chair:(COO) , Every 3 months, 1st Monday 16.00-17.00
- SOCIAL ISSUES COMMITTEE, Chair: (COO), last Wednesday 18.00-19.00
- ARTS, SPORT, HERITAGE & CULTURE COMMITTEE, Chair: Edwin Angless, 1st Wed of each month, 17.30
Residents are welcome to join any committees!
Please contact the office for an invite.
Please see the OBSID calendar for actual dates. Sometimes regular meeting dates have to be changed. All meetings are held at the OBSID office.
Members of committees (in addition to chair and OBSID staff) as at January 2017
- Public Safety committee: Graham Porter, Hudson McComb, Wayne Roukema, Kenneth Roman, Howard Richman, Jonah Sack, Gwenaelle Dereymaeker, Steve Killick, Marc Turock, Robby Balona
- Environment committee: Gareth Leyman, Hudson McComb, Jason Hill, Nicholas Jansen, Ibrahim Chiwaya, Miranda Du Toit
- Communications committee: Hudson McComb, Edwin Angless, Travis Lyle
- Social Issues committee: Hudson McComb, Kenneth Roman, Claudine Majiet, Jason Hill, Wayne Roukema
- Arts, Sport, Heritage & Culture committee:
Edwin, Angless, Hudson McComb, Monique Schiess, Robert Weinek, Sharnelle Cader, Hazelle Walton, Stephen Mayers